3/4 Cup - Unsalted Butter
2 1/4 Cup - Sugar
3 - Large Eggs
2 Teaspoons - Vanilla Extract
3 Cups - All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons - Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon - Salt
1 1/2 Cups - Buttermilk
2 Teaspoons - Fresh Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Cups - Very Ripe Bananas, Mashed
1/2 Cup - Unsalted Butter, Softened
8 Ounces - Cream Cheese, Softened
3 1/2 Cups - Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix mashed bananas with lemon juice and set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together 3/4 cups butter and 2 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour.Add the bananas and mix just until evenly distributed. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place immediately into freezer for 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile make the frosting; In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla and beat until combined. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the powdered sugar. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat just until frosting is smooth. Do Not overbeat or frosting will become runny. Spread frosting over completely cooled cake.