Social Icons

Pages







Thursday, July 28, 2016

Homemade ‘King’s Hawaiian’ Bread (& teacher gift)


1 cup of water
½ cup of sweetened condensed milk *I used fat-free
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of butter
3 1/3 cups of bread flour*
2 teaspoons of yeast

How to make it:

Put ingredients in bread machine and set for dough cycle. When complete, remove and separate into three sections. Roll each out like snakes and mesh ends together. Braid and press ends together. Place in baking dish and allow to rise for 25-30 minutes. (Here’s a little trick: before braiding your bread, heat your oven to 175 degrees and then turn off. Put your braided bread in the warmed oven to rise.) Brush melted butter or egg white on top after rising. Bake at 340 for 30-45 minutes, until top is golden brown. 
*The first time I made this, I used all-purpose flour and a teaspoon of vital wheat gluten. The second time I used bread flour.  It was delicious both times, so I don’t think it makes much difference.
I’m planning on making rolls with this dough next time, and I’m going to take a loaf to my parents’ house for Christmas Eve Brunch, and I think I’m going to make a loaf for my neighbors as well. Yes, this is definitely a keeper in the Mo’Betta house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates