Social Icons

Pages







Friday, May 20, 2016

Low Carb Buns


1/4 cup Butter
6 Large Eggs
1/3 cup Water
3 tbsp Parmesan
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1/3 cup Flax Meal
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Splenda

Directions

Melt butter in a large bowl. Add all other ingredients and whisk together really well.
Take 6 oven safe bowls, ramekins or tins, basically anything that will give you the shape and size you want. 
See pictures below for what I used, I got them at the Dollar store and plan to just wash and re-use them until they wear out or I find something else to use. 
They are the perfect size and shape and I couldn’t find anything else similar. Spray with some cooking spray and line them up on a baking sheet.
Divide batter up evenly among the 6 tins, you’ll end up with approximately 1/3 cup of batter in each tin.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Let them cool for a few minutes, then carefully slice each bun. Toast them to desired crispness and enjoy!
I haven’t tried them not toasted so I have no idea what they taste like that way, but toasted they are great and you can use them for any kind of sandwich or burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates