Social Icons

Pages







Monday, June 27, 2016

Spicy Crockpot Whole Chicken



Ingredients:

2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Whole Roasting Chicken
Onion

How to make it:

The original recipe suggests combing all of the spices and rubbing them on the chicken and letting it marinade over night in the rub.  
I however am never that prepared.  
So the three times I’ve made this chicken I just coat the chicken with the rub right before I put it in the crockpot and it still tastes great!
To make this Spicy Crockpot Whole Chicken you have to start by removing all the junk from inside the chicken.  
Once that’s finished the rest of the preparation is a breeze.  I slice the onion and place it along the bottom of the crockpot.
Spicy-Crockpot-Whole-Chicken-Fone Then measure out all of the spices and mix them together.  
I like to begin applying the rub to the bottom of the chicken first so that once it is covered it can be placed into the crockpot.  
Then I make sure the rest of the chicken is coated with the spice mixture.  I used every last bit of it!  The paprika is what gives it the nice color.
Next you just place the lid on top and set the crockpot to low and set the timer for 4 hours.  
If you need to you can let it cook for up to 8 hours; I’ve just never left a whole chicken in the crockpot for that long.
Once the Spicy Crockpot Whole Chicken is finished cooking pull it out and let it sit for a few minutes so that it is easier to handle while cutting.  
I start cutting on the bottom of the chicken because that is where the white meat is and I’m not a big fan of the dark meat.  
The meat isn’t really that spicy, but rather it has just a nice little hint of spice to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates