Social Icons

Pages







Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Crowd Pleaser Chicken


8 ounces noodles (I do not suggest a fettuccine type noodle or the like, a thicker different shaped noodle works best)
3 cups cooked chicken, diced (any type, I used left over rotisserie)
1/2 cupgreen pepper, diced
1/2 cupcelery, diced
1/2 cuponion, diced
4 ounces canned mushrooms don't buy the cheap ones...this matters (I used organic golden mushrooms, fantastic flavor)
1/2 cupchicken broth
1/2 cupParmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 1/2 cupssmall curd cottage cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup

How to make it:

cook noodles per package instructions until almost done...a little firm.  
Mix with all of the rest of the ingredients.  Make sure it is mixed thoroughly so the noodles do not stick together.  
Spray your crock.  Put mix into crock and spread around so it is even.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NOT LIFT THE LID.  
You want it to bake and make a crusty brown outer edge.   Serve and enjoy.
I was not able to put this all together before leaving for work in the morning so I made it the night before and it worked fine.  
I just pulled it out of the fridge and put the timer on. 

1 comment:

  1. question. can you make it without the cream of chicken soup. my hubby has celiac disease and can't have gluten.

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates