Social Icons

Pages







Friday, June 3, 2016

Crockpot White Bean and Ham Soup


1 lb of dried White Northern Beans, rinsed and sorted through
about 1 lb of ham, large pieces
3 (14.5 oz each) cans of chicken stock
1 medium white onion, diced
pepper
parsley
oregano

How to Make it:
1. Place all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours.

That's it! lol Easy, huh? I think that's a huge reason why I liked this recipe so much! I didn't add extra salt b/c I wasn't sure how salty the soup would be from the ham. 
The kids ate it fine without extra salt, but Kevin and I added a little sea salt to our bowls. We also ate it with some mini corn muffins - the Jiffy brand was on sale (not that it's not already cheap) 2 for $0.95. 
This is the brand that my mother in law uses so it's now my go-to brand. 
Parker thought he was getting a special treat b/c it was muffin shaped! lol Oh and next time, I'll probably add some spinach to the soup to get some veggies worked into the soup!

1 comment:

  1. i always add carrots and celery to this recipe it gives some color to the soup which is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates