Social Icons

Pages







Monday, June 6, 2016

One Hour Cinnamon Rolls


Mix and let sit for 15 minutes:
3 1/2 c. warm water
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
6 T. yeast (4 1/2 Saf-Instant)

Then add:
1 T. salt
3 eggs
10 1/2 c. flour

Mix together for 10 minutes, then sit for 10 minutes. Oil cupboard, dump out dough. Divide in half. Press one half out into rectangle. Spread with ¼ c. melted butter and then with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Roll up tight, but not too tight. Divide into 12 rolls and place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with other half of dough. Let rise. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.

Cinnamon-Sugar
1c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
 Frosting

1 cube butter
2 dashes salt
2 t. vanilla
6 c. powdered sugar
milk

Orange Rolls: Add orange juice concentrate to regular frosting
Chocolate Rolls: Add baking cocoa and a few drops of water to regular frosting
Cream cheese Rolls: Add cream cheese to regular frosting


To answer questions that have come up since I first posted this:

*My mixer is a Bosch.  Hands down the best mixer available! 
*1 cube of butter = 1/2 c.
*I just use regular flour, not self-rising.
*It really is 6 Tablespoons of yeast.  I use SafInstant.  I have never used the packets, so I don't know the conversion.
*It really is 10 and 1/2 cups of flour.
*I have never frozen the dough. 
*Rising time depends on how warm the house is, the humidity, etc.  Just let them rise until they are big enough for you.
*I don't know how many calories these are.
*400 degrees Fahrenheit.
*I use the dough hook to mix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates