1 loaf Texas toast
1 1/3 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Slice each slice of bread into 3-4 sticks. I like 3 sticks per slice of bread to make sure they aren’t too thin when you’re dipping them.
2. Mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Heat griddle to a medium-low temperature and heat butter on top of griddle.
4. Put slices of bread into the egg mixture and place onto the griddle until griddle is full.
5. Cook on each side until browned. Remove and set on a plate. Repeat cooking steps until all are done. It took me about 2 1/2 batches to do the whole loaf.
6. Eat warm with syrup for dunking!
7. To freeze: Lay cooked sticks on a greased cookie sheet such that the sticks aren’t touching. Freeze for at least a couple of hours. Then put in a freezer bag. I microwave them for about 10-15 seconds (depends on how many I’m making).