Social Icons

Pages







Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms


Here is what I used:

16 large fresh mushrooms
3 Italian sausage links (This was almost 1lb.)
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of a 10-inch fry pan)

How I did this:

 I covered the bottom of my fry pan with olive oil, removed the casing from the sausage and began cooking this on medium heat. Use a fork frequently to keep breaking the sausage up into small crumbles. 
Now that the sausage was started I washed and removed the stems from the mushrooms. Then I
chopped up the mushroom stems in my small food processor and set the mushroom caps aside.
Sausage cooking
Cooking the sausage, mushroom caps and stems are ready
As the sausage was cooking I added the chopped up stems, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and last the bread crumbs. Continued stirring this until I had a nice firm mixture.
Mushroom sausage stuffing
Now all I had to do was stuff the mushrooms caps. I used a tablespoon to fill the mushroom caps  rounding up the tops.
I placed these in a glass baking dish with a little bit of water on the bottom, sprinkled with more Parmesan cheese on top. Preheated the oven to 350 degrees and baked for 20 minutes. Serve as soon as they come out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates