Social Icons

Pages







Thursday, August 25, 2016

Cloud Bread


Ingredients:

3 Medium Eggs
3 tbsp Quark
1/4 tsp Vinegar
Sweetener
Salt
Optional: Herbs

How to make it:

As I say they are really simple to make and I had them ready for the over in less than 10mins. Pre heat oven to 150°C.
1 Separate the eggs. Be sure not to get any yolk at all into the whites or they won’t whip up.
2 Add the quark, pinch of sweetener and salt to the yolks and mix well. If you want to add other herbs or spices add it to the yolk mix now. (I added a touch of mixed herbs to this to try out, I would probably add a little more next time)
3 In a separate bowl whisk up the egg whites until it’s nice and firm.
4 Add the yolk mixture to the whites and fold in gently. You want to make sure it is mixed well but be sure to take your time with this and do it gently so you don’t beat the air out of the whisked whites.
5 Spoon the mixture onto a baking tray in little roll size (you should probably use baking paper or something but I popped it straight on because I didn’t have any.
6 Spray with calorie free cooking oil. I used Olive Oil on one tray and Garlic on the other… I’m sure there are other options too.
7 Bake away! On the recipe I was given it instructed for 30mins cooking time although I took mine out after about 20 as I felt they would burn otherwise. Keep an eye on them and judge it yourself. You could just make one big loaf suppose, in which case it might take the full 30mins. I was able to make 11 with this amount and I think they are a good size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates