250g Butter (chilled)
100g Castor sugar
5 Egg yolks
230g Cake flour
1tsp Double action baking powder
1/2tsp Vanilla essence
5 Egg whites
Preheat oven at 170 deg C, line a large loaf tin or a 8" square tin
1. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until light and creamy. (using medium speed)
2. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and baking powder and beat well to combine. Fold in the milk and combine well.
3. Whisk egg whites in a clean large bowl until soft foam. Gradually add in sugar, and beat till soft peak.
4. Take one portion of the egg white mixture, and use a hand whisk to stir well with egg yolk mixture till combine and thick paste.
5. Slowly fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
6. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 55 mins or untill cooked.